Tuesday 30 April 2013

Goodbye backcountry

As promised we were collected by the German woman at the agreed place and arrived at Kenmare at 9am. Wow. Second time I got a free lift to Kenmare, haha.
Walked around the very nice little town, visited one of the biggest Irish stone circles and had tea at a beautifully decorated tea room.
I took the bus to Killarney at 4pm, browsed through the outdoor outlet shop at the bus station there and then took the bus to Cork to stay two days with a friend before I go home Thursday afternoon.

So thjis was my hiking holiday. Can't say I'm not glad to be done with it. Still if I'd had to go on another week I'd do it. Kind of got into a rhythm there. I learned quite a few things about equipment and hiking in general.
I can only say it's been a great time. I will collect my thoughts and then write a conclusion about the Beara Way, the Kerry Way and hiking in Ireland in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.