Sunday 21 April 2013

Relaxed Start

So there I was. All on my own now. Let's see how I will get along and what stories the Kerry Way will bring.

Sunday: Killarney - Black Valley

Walked to Ross Castle to catch my boat at 11. Was there about an hour early and just relaxed on a bench. I know a good part of the first stage of the Kerry Way already, so I was looking forward to another perspective from the boat.
I can only say it was definitely worth it! Small motorboat, nice driver and stunning views. Wasn't easy to capture the scenery onto photographs.
Arrived 90mins later at Lord Brandon's Cottage in Black Valley. After a short walk of another 30mins I checked in at the youth hostel and went for a walk to and through the Gap of Dunloe. Again quite stunning.
Back at the hostel I will relax tonight as tomorrow I will be walking a propper hiking distance again to Glencar. The Black Valley hostel is very recommendable. As clean as you can imagine and quite spacious. Weather is also going to improve with less showers and more sun. Yeah!

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.