Sunday 12 May 2013

A day at the park

Not much to tell today. Went to Villa Borghese park today as a lot of Romans did. When I passed the Colosseo I got caught in an anti-abortion demonstrstion. Arg. Felt so wrong in an odd way. Like when I enter a church: My opinion is completely contradictory and I just hope they won't realize that, haha.
After the delay I kept on walking to the park and witnessed some kind of flashmob on the Spanish stairs. People sitting there suddenly stood up taking off their coats revealing orange shirts underneath. Two of them did something with an inflatable dummy, I couldn't make out what that was. The others were applauding and after a minute it was over. Hm. Lame.

Villa Borghese park is really nice. I didn't mind all the people on a sunny Sunday since there were a lot of Romans and the tourists vanished among them.
Went to see the Etrurian museum situated in Villa Giulia. It's really worth it! The villa itself is fantastic, the museum is a must see for people interested in ancient peoples... like me. It was almost deserted. I think most people rather want to see the famous statues and paintings the Musei Vaticani have to offer just to be able to say they've seen them. I believe that 80% wouldn't even be able to judge the artist's skill and place his object into the historical context... that includes me. Haha. That's why I'm much more interested in the Egyptian collection for instance.
Anyway walked around a bit in the park and then went to another of the best gelaterias. This one is called San Crispino and they don't use artificial flavours etc. I can only recommend this one! It's almost hidden and there is no fancy display. But the ice cream is simply fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.