Thursday 4 July 2013

Two walks

Last night I finally found a way to sleep here. My bed is a little bit too soft, the pillow is too thick and there is too much light streaming in from the windows. Put a t-shirt over my eyes the second night to block the light, tried another pillow the night afterwards and now just put my towel under my head folded twice and it's perfect. Bed is still too soft but it's not that bad really.
Had another very easy day where walking is concerned.  First went to the Dogs Falls near Loch Beinn a' Mheadhoin which were not that impressive but the walk of 7 kilometers through the woods felt like a Sunday afternoon stroll with some nice views of a little Lochan and Glen Affric.
Climbed a pathless steep slope of a low hill through thick heather and fern. It was quite strenuous and we had to grab small trees sometimes to support our next footstep but the view from the top was worth the hard work. Though the further away mountains were hidden in cloud and mist we could still see the two munros we had climbed earlier this week and a few more.
The way down the thicket covered slope was not as bad as I thought still I was very happy when I stepped onto our path again.
Our second walk led us through park-like woods and meadows nearby to a 40 metre waterfall which again wasn't very impressing but I really enjoyed the walk back to the bus through knee high grassland bristling with yellow,  white and blue flowers I don't know the names of. It almost felt like summer.
Had a pint at a beautiful pub in a tiny village but it was just too cold to sit outside for long. Back now at our house with the fire cracking and half of the group sitting here with me in the living room reading quietly. It's a bit weird being here and nobody talking,  haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.