Monday 18 November 2013

Bristol on the Horizon

In three days I'm going on my biggest adventure ever: moving to another country!

After living almost 36 years in Berlin I finally turn my back and leave. I should have done this earlier. Maybe after my study. I realized I always wanted it but never really pushed things and was never determined enough to really pull this through. Now I am. Actually it's a now-or-never. I'm still very fit in body and mind and have not yet settled down. I could write pages about why I want to leave, but instead I'm going to look ahead.

I'm basically leaving with little more than the clothes I'm wearing. It's a very distinct feeling of freedom. Brave enough I would quit my life completely and travel the world for years. I just feel the strong urge to be off and away. Some people say I'm obviously looking for something and they're right. I just don't know what it is I'm looking for so I have no idea if I'm going to find it in Bristol.

My furniture is almost gone, sold it all. Makes no sense to take it with me as I'm going to live in a furnished shared house or flat. At least for the first 6 months. Even with my rooms here almost empty it still doesn't feel like I'm leaving for good. Maybe because I still have so much to do.

Met almost all my friends last night for a goodbye drink. This is the hardest part. Leaving your family and friends behind. It's not about a good job or a nice flat, it's the people you love. Seeing them one last time was really great and really sad at the same time knowing that I won't see them for a while. I think I will only realize how much I miss them, when I'm gone. Now it just feels like going on a long holiday.

I will go back to Berlin for a few weekends to do the recordings for my rockband Luzid early next year and I will play any gigs with them until they found a decent new guitar player to fill in the vacant spot. I will also be back for gigs with my country cover band so I'll be in Berlin every other month or so.

But now it's off to new shores!!! Exploring Bristol and its surroundings. Settle in and have a good start at my new job, that's the plan for the rest of the year. I'll keep you posted so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.