Friday 4 April 2014

And many happy returns...

Again quite spontaneously I'm off to the Black Mountains with my friend Ross this weekend. Since our original plan hadn't worked out last time we're going to give it another go. This time starting from Crickhowell passing by Table Mountain up to Pen Cerrig-calch where we had to turn around at our first attempt. Then all the way along the Waun Fach ridge, turning east at the end circling down into the Grwyne Fawr reservoir to the bothy there. Back to Crickhowell on Sunday via the valley.
Hopefully without any serious navigation errors this should be a rather relaxed walk, still demanding enough as we both realized that our fitness is not as good as it could be. Weather forecast is not too bad for Saturday at least. I will basically pack the same stuff I'll have normally with me for two weeks. Just a bit less food. So it's another good test, if I can somehow stuff all of it into my 33L backpack instead of the 40+5. Will also use my stove for the first time out in the field, yeah.

See you Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.