Thursday 28 August 2014

Skye Day 5 - A Day Off

Slept almost 10 hours last night as it was an off day today so I had plenty of time. Moved into another room since mine wasn't free for the time of my time when I booked it and hen drove up to Portree. As expected the weather had changed over night and the morning started with grey clouds and some drizzly showers.
Somehow I dodged them when I walked around Portree and just lazily strolled in and out of shops.
Portree


Knees felt a better today but still a bit stiff so I got myself some voltarol pills to help since I'm going to climb another munro tomorrow. Had coffee and lemon tart at a cafe and found a very evil whisky shop with a good selection of non-standard editions including a Scapa 14 which is no longer in production. Ahhh!!! Got away with a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and said Scapa. Arg. That makes it £200 spent on whisky this week.

Drove over to Dunvegan in the the afternoon to visit the castle and gardens which are both really nice. Then weather had cleared up again and I as driving home under a clear blue sky before I knew it.


Dunvegan Castle
Back in the hostel I settled in to my new room, surfed a bit on the net and enjoyed my Thistle Cross Scottish cider which I had gotten at the whisky shop. Nice honey taste, but too sweet to drink all night.

The last of the Skye munros is due tomorrow, which will take us roughly 4 hours return. I will then drive over to Glencoe to say there over night, making a decision Saturday morning if I cycle around the Loch or not depending on the state my knees are in. Will meet some friends in the afternoon in Killin or Crieff and then meet next week's group at Morenish House on Loch Tay at about 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.