Sunday 14 December 2014

Work, Work

Thursday and Friday came and went and I pretty much only went to work, had food at the hotel after and then went to bed. It really is a shame that I didn't see much of Mumbai and I was way to exhausted from those long days in the office on Saturday so I cancelled the trip to the Bird Sanctuary that I had intended with a colleague.
Instead I spent a very lazy day at the hotel. The intended lay in was disrupted by loud music from crappy speakers somewhere outside the windows so I went to the breakfast buffet and to the pool after to study a bit. It would've been really relaxing if hadn't been for the countless crows up in the palm trees who just wouldn't shut up for a second. Still I had a nice nap in between chapters, went to the gym, studied a bit more in my room and that was pretty much it. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

All alone (pool behind me)
Unfortunately, my colleague was busy on Sunday and I didn't want to wait for him so I went down to the front desk and asked for a guided tour in the early afternoon. Indeed there was a guide and at 2pm sharp I sat in a car with a driver and a guide who was about to show me the must-sees of south Mumbai.

The drive to south Mumbai took about 40 mins but was pleasant. We talked a bit but I didn't really click with her. One of those people you meet and know after five minutes, that you're just way too different to really like each other. Still, she was very nice and our first stop was the very impressive central train station, built in 1888.

main train station


We stopped at quite a number of other sights, but didn't really have time to linger long which was a shame, but this way I got a good impression of what there is to see and ticked off quite a few sights. 

A place for laundry... lots of laundry

No time to sit here for a while

Jain temple
Didn't take pictures at the Hanging Gardens or the Ghandi museum but would've loved to stay longer at both. The Jain temple was quite interesting, but again not much time to just linger and take in all the details and get to know more about this to my European ears quite strange belief. 
Well, still I was back at the hotel after like 5 hours and I was tired and exhausted with a slight headache. Good that I did the tour, this way I have at least seen a tiny glimpse of what Mumbai has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.