Monday 18 May 2015

Nursing the Old Bones

I indeed felt a few muscles in the morning after my long hike the day before. Ouch. Also my knees were a bit knackered as well, felt a bit awkward crouching down, but still ok. So I wasn't too unhappy for an easy half-day walk and some "spare time" in the afternoon. Just a bit of stretching so to speak.

Set off straight from the house at 10:30am through the extensive wild garden at first and then over the A85 onto a rarely trodden but broad gravel path through a mix of trees, bushes and rolling pasture. Climbed a little knoll for some nice views around all the way to Mull in the distance and Ben Cruachan in the North West which was mostly hidden in low clouds. 



Just after a short break some rain washed over us, coming back every now and then so we kept water proofs on. Saw some highland kettle with their newly born calves and walked along the coast back to the house enjoying a bit of sunshine.






Had our "pick nick" at the house lazing about in the spacious living room. Then everyone was free to venture the garden or just relax. I couldn't wait to set up the snooker table and get playing. So I did with one of the other guests. We managed two games in like 90 minutes. Gosh, this is hard. I thought it would be easier if you're playing pool sometimes, but nothing really works. Even potentially easy shots got wrong most of the time. We made most of our points with fouls, hahaha.

Evening dinner was nice again. There were two big legs of lamb and I made sure there was nothing left of it, getting myself about 5 helpings. Yeah. Was pretty tired though and went to bed just before 10pm falling asleep straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.