Friday 18 September 2015

Hello Devon!

To me it feels like I haven't really been away at all this year, to many others it seems like I'm away all the time. Looking at the annual leave I have left, I'm definitely in for a proper holiday! I've had a good deal of short trips this year making good use of the flexible working hours at my job, but I've only had one proper trip to Scotland and that's it. Same applies to my boyfriend by the way. So why not spend some days together?

It happens to be that his parents own a cottage in South Devon near Slapton so we decided to spend a week there. He's not into mountaineering or days and days of walking in the rain up and down mountains with a heavy backpack, but we found a nice middle way for us.
Both of us are exhausted and tired and need some time off, just relaxing and doing "nothing". I wouldn't be me if I just lazed about the cottage for a whole week. So the plan is to do some coastal walks, visit the beautiful surrounding villages (Dartmouth, Kingsbridge) and do a few short cycle rides.  Short but strenuous they're gonna be with all those steep ascents around.


So after work tonight I'm driving down for a wedding on Saturday, then back up to Brizzle to pack the car and do some shopping and hopefully we'll be down at the cottage some time Sunday evening, enjoying a wee dram by the fire.
Although it's not a hardcore outdoor adventure, I can't say I'm not looking forward to it very much. Been counting the days for some time now and can't wait to just rest and relax. No alarm clock in the morning, no fixed schedule, no plans to stick to other than finding a pub on Weds to watch the Rugby, haha.

There's exciting things happening next year, so regard this as the calm before the storm. 2015 - the year I lay dormant, gathering my strength, preparing for an exhilerating year 2016. My plans and futur trips are listed here on my blog. Just go to Upcoming Trips

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.