Wednesday 20 June 2012

Manchester day one

So, I hit the road again. Got up at 4 in the morning and took the airplane to Manchester. After seeing Liverpool last year it was time to pay a visit to another of the bigger cities of the UK.
Had a pleasant flight and slept through most of it. Since my whole digestive system was still a little unpredictable I felt a little hard pressed to use every restroom on the way, haha.
Got myself a package of imodium at the first Boots on the way to my hotel where I dropped off my luggage since I can only check in after 3pm.
Had a stroll through the city then, saw the cathedral (not as impressive as the one in Liverpool by far), the town hall and the shopping mile which is basically the same as in any other bigger city.
Apart from Affleck's! Imagine a 3 story house and each floor is crammed with punk/ethno/independent/gothic shops which are next to each other in the very meaning of the word. You basically stumble from one shop into another by just taking a turn. Awsome!
Also pretty nice is the district called Deansgate with the Castlefield area. Actually the very area where the Romans founded Manchester it is now a well kept remnant of the industrial revolution.

After all I decided I like this place. Very relaxed, nothing fancy although I do miss the designated pub area... or I haven't fount it yet :)
Anyway, heading off to the hotel now. Probably just stay in since I'm deadly tired. I have a couple of hours tomorrow to head over to the Curry Mile before I leave for Sheffield!

Manchester town hall

Castlefield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.