Friday 22 June 2012

York or no York

That was today's question. After it was raining yesterday in Manchester I skipped the Curry Mile and went to Dawsons music shop instead. Got out with three new books on blues guitar and country blues. Great stuff. Can't wait to get back home and work with them.
Arrived in the afternoon in Sheffield to meet my folks. After a great home made curry we went off to The Green Room where I was going to play my first solo gig as support to my friend's band Hungarian Lanterns.
The gig went quite well. Had a couple of blackouts lyrics-wise but had a lot of fun. I'm not used to sing with a microphone and even more to hear myself out of the boxes behind me. But I think I sang okay and the people seemed to have a good time. Most of them were friends or family of my hosts anyway, haha. So a good way to have your first gig when you don't have to work hard to get people interested.
Hungarian Lanterns were really good as well and we spent a couple of more hours drinking and talking.
Today we actually planned to go up to York, but since it had been raining all night and was still pouring down in the morning we skipped that. Went into town instead for breakfast and then toured several music shops with me and Anthony getting stuck on a Martin DR1 for quite a long time just at the first one, hehe.

me playing a rezo... loved it
Found a pub with live music later on. Razorbach is going to play some cover music and we wonder what that will be like with a band with such a name, haha.
So better get ready for some rockin' now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.