Sunday 24 June 2012

So after seeing a surprisingly good cover band (instead of the typical 50+ band with AC/DC etc. they played Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Seether, Foo Fighters!!!) I left for Inverness on Friday.
Since my train arrived half an hour late at Edinburgh I stayed at Waverley and hopped onto the Inverness train. Arrived at Inverness with another hour to spend before our hiking group would be picked up so I left my luggage at the station and went for a stroll. Not 10 minutes later it started raining cats and dogs and I had all my rain gear in my big trolley at the station. Good call, Katja!
So I fled to a bar and spent the remaining time with a cappucino. Then went back to the station to meet up with the rest of the group and soon after we were driven to our house on the Applecross peninsula were we had our dinner and got to know each other.

view from the living room
Today we went to the south of Torridon with its towering munros and walked along Loch Claire before we went to the coastal village of Shieldaig and took a walk along the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.