Sunday 9 September 2012

After a great gig at the city festival in Bad Freienwalde I set off for Ireland very very early Saturday morning. Arrived quite on time at Heathrow airport and though I had to wait for my luggage for an hour I still had plenty of time to spend. Checked in with Air Lingus and found a nice comfy seat within the shopping zone after securtiy check. Never realized that almost all personel at Heathrow is Indian/Parkistani, haha.

As I settled in I had to have a Cadburys chocolate bar and some crisps (I found a flavour I never had before: Roasted lamb with mint)! I don't really like British food but for the sweets and crisps, yum! Only a cinnamon bun would've made it a perfect breakfast for me, hehe.

Time went by pretty fast with doing some shopping and reading my Lonely Planet on Dublin. Caught myself time and again with a faint grin on my face and just being so relaxed and happy. After the strenous last weeks I just went straight to holiday mode and enjoyed every bit from the start. Never before did I marvel at the monstrous planes that go oversees when looking out of my small window on the next plane waiting to take off. I guess nothing would've been able to get me out of my Budhist-like I-just-cannot-be-bothered state of mind.

Met a few of our group and we soon got picked up by our guide on Cork airport meeting the rest of the group who got on our bus in Dublin already. Another 1.5 hrs later we finally arrived at our location for the next 7 days: Silver Birch House, Glengariff.

WOW! There is really no other word describing this fantastic place. It's by far the best accomodation I ever had! By far!!! Nicely hidden in the woods with only a few meters to the water of the Atlantic Sea its interior is modern but still very very comfy with wooden furniture and just a very tasteful decoration. I've got my room just under the roof on the first floor and I even got my own bathroom including shower and bathtub! Just look at the pictures and see for yourself.
Dinner was great as always and the group kept on chatting to almost midnight. Again it's a great bunch of people and we've been laughing a lot already so I guess the week will be full of fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.