Monday 17 September 2012

Bye bye Dublin

The day started with a clear blue sky so I took a long walk along the Liffey heading east and passing through the Docklands. Some nice modern architecture but that's about it.

Dublin Docklands


Strolled along the "other" shopping area on and around O'Donnell Street with no intention to buy anything. Still I ended up packing some Indian sauces happily in my backpack at M & S, hehe.
Walked around Grafton Street again and then around Trinity College. Didn't go inside since it was the day all the fresh students checked in and it was packed. Otherwise I would've ended up buying a College hoodie after all so I saved some money, hehe.
Went to Christchurch Cathedral which was now open. It's very much the same architecture as St Patrick's still I enjoyed sitting down looking at the coloured windows and the high ceiling.

Had my first curry chips at famous Burdock's and sat down under a tree in the churchyard to devour a portion that would've been good for two people.

So sitting in the hotel lobby now and leaving for the airport next. The whole Ireland trip has been as great as I anticipated.
The hiking week was simply fantastic with great walks and climbs, a superb group, amazing accommodation... it was so relaxing that I forgot what day it was pretty soon.
Hiking in Ireland is fun. It's as simple as that. Although the Scottish scenery is more stunning with the mountains and lochs, walking Ireland can be great as well. I'm really looking forward to walking the Kerry Way next year.
Dublin is an amazing spot as well. It's full of tourists for a reason. There is a lot to see and to do. You have music and good food all around you and the best pubs in the world with live music every night. I could easily imagine myself living here and I will most definitely come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.