Monday 17 September 2012

Sunday stroll

Day two in Dublin. After Saturday night's masses at the Temple Bar streets and pubs we were quite happy with the empty streets before noon. Headed over to St. Patrick's Cathedral which just opened up as we arrived. Quite plain but still impressive.

St Patrick's Cathedral
St Patrick's Cathedral

Tried to get into the Georges Street Arcade market, the National Museum of Archaeology and Christchurch Cathedral all without success since they we're not open yet, arg. So we just walked along the Liffey, bought some gifts and I said goodbye to my friends since they had to leave.

Christchurch Cathedral

I went to the now open market afterwards and found a nice shop with all those rockabilly clothes. Apart from that there's nothing special actually.
Headed over to the National Museum of Archaeology which had opened up in the meantime and marvelled at the intricate ancient jewelry they have on display. I love all the old stuff from up to the Middle Ages and that museum was heaven for me!!!

Took  the advice of a friend and had dinner at the Bruxelles pub and met with a friend later on in Temple Bar for a few pints. If you're not going to party Sunday is the day that you should go there. There's still live music everywhere and there are quite some people around but it's just the perfect amount to make it very cosy.

in Temple Bar


Today is my last day in Dublin. Have to leave for the airport at 3pm, so I still have some time to spend. Wanna go north and walk around a bit and then check out the Docklands as well before I sadly have to leave. I love the city and I'm very glad I stayed as long as I did. But more of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.