Thursday 3 October 2013

Hello Sardinia

The last few weeks have just been crazy with some travelling, job interviews abroad and band rehearsals in between. With my relocation to Bristol finally being definite I could now go on a needed vacation. Two weeks of climbing on Sardinia!
Left my flat at 8am in the morning with 2 degrees outside only to arrive in Olbia with 28! What a difference, haha. My guide/organizer picked me up and after waiting for two other climbers we drove 2 hours south to our accomodation in Cala Gonone.
Temperature dropped quickly to 22 when dark clouds came drifting in. And as our guide said, we had picked exactly the day the weather was going to change and get more unpredictable. Maybe it's the British/Scottish heart in me that somehow brings bad weather wherever I go. I said nothing about my thoughts to the others,  hehe.
Sardinia is quite impressive with its grey mountains specked with green looming high and the blue sea surrounding it. The highest peaks reach the 2500m mark I was told. Despite the trees and bushes it is indeed very dry which makes you wonder even more how anything can grow on such soil.
The organizer has rented two large appartments in a house with several rooms and a kitchen and bathroom each both being on the same level with interconnecting doors. It's simple but clean and more than sufficient.
Sitting on one of two terraces looking at the mountains that I am going to scale from tomorrow on. The sea is behind me and I can't wait to get going tomorrow. Everybody can book this climbing camp for his own suitable dates. So there's constant changes to the group with people coming and going almost every day. In fact I'm just waiting for the group to come back from today's adventure and then we'll all have dinner later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.