Friday 4 October 2013

Rain?

The day started with low hanging dark clouds and a continuous light rain with heavy showers in between. Great :(. Didn't seem to get better soon but sitting inside and doing nothing was not an option,  so we cancelled our original plan and drove 20 minutes to a nice spot near Oliena with several routes directly next to each other.
Rain had stopped half way there so we were quite happy. I haven't been climbing since early June so I didn't rush things. Was quite surprised how good I did the first two routes. The rock was quite rough with a lot of grip so I didn't need any chalk at all.
Had to try my new Boreal Zen shoes but couldn't bear wearing them for more than than two routes. They just need to be worn a few more times so they won't hurt like hell.
After just an hour another shower rushed down on us. Fortunately that eas the last rain we had today. The view from high up in the route was fantastic! The valley down there and the surrounding mountains. Amazing!!! I could've stayed up there for hours marvelling at the view.
After just 4 routes my finger just hurt too much due to the rough rock to do any more climbing and with 13 more days ahead I just watched other climbers and just enjoyed the view, the humid air and the atmosphere.
Enjoyed a nice evening with the group. Hopefully we'll have some for more sun the next fdw days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.