Thursday 10 October 2013

Strenuous Offday

Two more days of climbing passed with nice so-called sections. Went to Mt. Bonacoa and again to Bulinetto to do some different routes. The little doggy was there again trying to get some food from ghe present climbers. He seems to live up there.
My footwork has greatly improved during the last week as I've been really trying to put it up first before thinking about improving anything else. As expected it makes new moves possible and my arms and fingers hold only little of my body weight.

Four new members are now in the group. It's weird that members change almost every day. Somehow I miss the people who've been here the first few days. It's been so much fun. The new climbers are nice but not as cool and funny.

Today I let the others climb while I rented a mountain bike and went south on a nice path with great views of the coast. Visited one of those old ruins the Romans left behind and the went all the way to Buchi Arta, another climbing area. Really enjoyed myself as the weather was just fantastic again. My rental bike was quite okay it was just a bit heavy. But mountain biking is fun and I think I'll get into it some more when I settled in in Bristol.
I thought I had some stamina but some parts were so steep that I had to walk and push my bike. At 3pm I was back in Cala Gonone, had some coffee and then tried to ascend the old pass in order to get to Cala Cartoe where the others were climbing. Halfway up I gave up. It was just too steep and I was huffing and puffing.
Went to the beach instead, wrote some postcards, had a nap and after giving back my bike I was back at the apartment half 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.