Wednesday 27 November 2013

Getting things done

Monday night I thought things over. On my way back from the nice viewing I had passed the house the Tuesday viewing was at. Even quieter area and obviuously pricier houses. Not bad but it felt a bit... dunno... impersonal. The cosiness of Bishopston was missing. It was still really nice but a bit further off the next bus stop and in order to go shopping I would need to go to Whiteladies which lacks the nice alternative flair Gloucester Rd offers with it's green grocers, butchers, little cafes and alternative clothing shops (I even found a shop selling tools and stuff for brewing your own ale or cider, yay!!)
Also the rent was about 600 per month were as the room in the family house was 350. My mind kept weighing my options as I walked home and had a look at a few shops down Whiteladies and Park Rd. Marked the Hobgoblin music shop, a burrito place and another music shop on my internal map for later visits as I was solely on the lookout for more business clothing.
Back at the flat I told Kim about my viewing and he just said that it seems I have already made my decision. I still wanted to sleep over it.
Next morning I called Miriam the landlady to let her know that I'll take the room. It had just been the one! She was equally happy and we agreed on meeting up Wednesday morning at a nearby cafe to sign he contract. Totally happy and with another big issue off my chest I went on another shopping round at Cabbot Circus. I really don't like shopping and as strenuous as it was I came home with a jacket, two trousers and a skirt. Not bad. Not enough, haha.
At 8pm we met up with the Bristol couchsurfing group at a nearby bar at the harbour. Again very nice people and had just a good time. As I stayed in contact with Zsolt from the Bath group I exchanged numbers with Kristina this time. We immediately clicked and felt like sisters with so many things in common. So within not even a week I've made a handfull of new acquaintances/friends. Awesome.
Met up with Miriam this morning to sign the tenancy contract and give her the deposit. Had a very nice chat over a coffee and the more we talked the more we liked each other. So totally the right decision! Can't wait to move in.
Some more shopping coming up with a pair of shoes this time. Walked around the area north and west of Colston Tower and found the Bristol Cider Shop and an abandoned church with walls slowly being overgrown. Too bad it was locked up well.
Had a great burrito at the one place I had passed by on Monday and set up another blog on wordpress where I'm going to write about all the cool things I come across in Bristol and the southwest from nice hidden cafes to sights and certain areas. When the first post goes online I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.