Saturday 22 March 2014

Let's get dirty!

The alarm clock went off at 5:30am. Still I was wide awake as I couldn't wait to get going. Amazing how much I take for just two days out, but as I don't know what state the bothy we're hiking to is in I better take the tent with me which uses most of the space in my backpack.
I was woken by heavy showers during the night so I won't expect an easy walk with nice dry paths. More the other way around. I got so used to it that I'd rather be disappointed if there's no mud to wade through, haha.
Just had my egg and bacon breakfast which had kept me going on last year's Ireland hike way into the afternoon. So many beautiful memories, it feels like I'm already on the trail again, hehe.
My friend Ross will be here in a few minutes, then we head off to Bristol Temple Meads to catch our train. I hope we can make the change in Newport as we have only 10 minutes for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.