Saturday 14 June 2014

Holidays! Finally!

After a tough first 6 months at work with just loooads of stuff to do, the day my probation period ended came and went without so much as a piece of paper dropped on my desk to sign. But inside I had been loking forward to this day for a long time as it ment I could finally go on my planned two week holiday.
The week in Bristol has been absolutely fantastic weather-wise with sunshine and temperatures above 20. It felt like summer! The forecast for the first week of my hike looked really good as well. I was checking every day. First time ever I packed sun block, haha.

Left work at 15:30, raced home on my bicycle, grabbed my stuff and set off to a 4.5hr drive all the way north to Conwy. The motorway was quite packed but I ran into no serious congestion and arrived at Colwyn Bay in the light of approaching dusk. The broad A-road runs just along the coastline here and I was finally in holiday mode after a strenuous drive. Not long after I took the exit to Conwy. The approach to the town was breathtaking with that massive castle looming over it in the setting sun and the water with countless boats on it to my right. Absolutely amazing.
Checked in at my B&B, grabbed my camera and raced back to the bridge I had crossed to take some pictures in that perfect light. Stunning! Apart from the noise of a few pubs the town was almost deserted and I enjoyed just wandering around. Thought of having a pint in one of them, but it was almost 10:30 now and as the stress and tension of the past week slowly retreated and I relaxed more I realized how tired I was.
Went home, watched the telly for a bit and fell asleep not long after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.