Saturday 23 August 2014

The Road to Skye Pt 2

Walked around Carlisle for a bit Saturday morning. Went to the cathedral first and bring all alone inside caught a magical moment when the morning light streamed through the high windows. I realized just how lucky I was when the light changed a few minutes later and I was standing in an ordinary aisle again.

Got a few bits on sale from the local outdoor shops, a bag full of german salami at the international market in the centre and stuffed a bit of food in the trunk of my car before I headed further north at noon.

Entered Scottish soil after just a couple of miles on the M6 and a grin crept onto my face. I drove all the way to Scotland. It was funny how much I'm in love with this place. I immediately had butterflies in my belly and it just felt like seeing your lover.

From Glasgow up to Crianlarich the roads were pretty packed but rather empty afterwards. Very convenient as the scenery between Tyndrum and Fort William was simply breathtaking!!! I recognized Rannoch Moor and Glencoe again from one of my former travels and it felt strange to be driving myself this time.

Arrived in Fort William at 5pm. Phew. So far up North and still not at the end of my road.
Just had some food and will publish this post now as I don't know if I have a signal or wifi before Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.