Saturday 23 August 2014

The Road to Skye Pt 1

The road to Skye is definitely a long one! Spent almost 7 hours driving yesterday, arg. Left work quite on time and since I had packed my car in the morning I just filled up with petrol and set off shortly after 4pm.
My gps sent my East first and then up north near Swindon to meet the M6. From then on it was just one queue after another. I was so glad I had just fitted my new car stereo a few days before.

Had to have a short break before Manchester and like magic queues had vanished when I hit the M6 again. Arrived in Carlisle at my hotel close to 11pm. What a ride. And this is not even halfway up. I have good hopes though that traffic will not be as mental again as last night.

My hotel was okay but surely not a recommendation. Heading into the centre now before I take on the second part of my road to Skye around mid day.

I'll be probably dark until Sunday night when I have wifi again so don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.