Monday 1 September 2014

Loch Tay Day 2 - Two On Day Two

Slept like a dead man last night, seems I was tired after all. But the dinner and chat with the people last night was just so very pleasant. This is a fantastic group... in fact I think this is one of the best groups I had so far. Fun people and relaxed as relaxed can be.

Drove the short bit to the car park at the foot of the Ben Lawers massif again to do three more munros there. First we went up Beinn Ghlas which I had climbed before. The forecast hadn't been bad for today. Sunny patches and generally good. But halfway up we fought with an icy wind from the west, everyone donning all their clothes. I cursed not having brought my gloves.
I felt the remarkably higher weight of my backpack having packed my stove, extra 1.5 litres of water and two gas cartouches to provide some hot water for tea or instant cappuccino for the group later.

After Beinn Ghlas we went down a bit, had our lunch at a nice place without much of the wind and my hot drinks were very well received. Especially when everyone was freezing a bit. I just know that I crave a coffee sometime after noon and I was glad to share the pleasure of having one and thus offering a bit of luxury in the midst of the Scottish wilderness.

Headed over to Meall Corranaich with a rather easy ascent and Meall a'Choire Leith afterwards which was even easier. The views were hampered by the haze but the grey clouds hung way over the tops and we had not a single drop of rain. So it was a bit freezing in the wind but otherwise a very nice mountain day with two more - though admittedly  unspectacular - munros off the list. And I like the way of doing them in clusters and kind of "clearing" one region.



The way back was a bit boggy but nothing too bad. More like a normal Scottish path. Enjoyed it and instead of jumping onto the bike again I had a shower and... well writing my blog entry before dinner. I was just too lazy to change into bike clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.