Monday 1 September 2014

Loch Tay Day 1 - A Relaxed Start

Had a very pleasant start to my Loch Tay week. First day is always a bit easier. Weather was pretty good with sunny patches but the wind was rather chilly at times. Our guide took us to the Ben Lawers car park which was pretty much full but we still found a place to park the mini coach.

Most people obviously went up Ben Lawers and Bheinn Glas, we went up to Meall nan Tarmachan instead which is a very pleasant walk with the only steeper ground being the last bit. The pace was very relaxed so I could enjoy the fantastic views over Loch Tay behind us.

On the top the view opened up as far as Ben Nevis in the West with a sea of hill tops all around. You're probably only able to name them when you've been on them. I just loved it and didn't care much about the names. Glen Lyon in the north was hidden by the flanks of the Lawers massif but we could see Glen Lochy ahead as we walked all over the ridge which takes a wide angle towards Killin from Meall nan Tarmachan.
View from Meall nan Tarmachan

Glen Lochy

Were back at the car park at 6pm which was later than expected. I still felt really fit so I quickly cycled into Killin once we were back at the house to get a big package of eggs and a bottle of milk for me. After the relaxed walking all day I loved making a race of it and getting my heart pumping properly.

Had fantastic dinner last night and the last us got to bed as late as 11pm talking for a long time, drinking whisky and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.