Tuesday 14 October 2014

Beach Climbing

We took the rubber raft to Cala Luna today which is one of the most beautiful beaches around and also offers some climbing, mostly tough routes though. Again walking to the rock face was the most dangerous part of the day.
Found a beautiful spot on a large flat stone to sit on with the turquoise sea way below and people scaling the walls above. It was almost too beautiful to climb at all but I decided to do one of the three routes in the grade I can do.
Too beautiful a place to leave
It was quite an unusual one since most of it was along a dihedral merging into a crack higher up. With one foot on each side of the dihedral I pushed myself up and had such great fun although it was very exhausting. Loved it so much that I decided not to do the other two routes as it was very unlikely that they would've been equally cool. I just didn't want to spoil my new favourite route ever.

Yeah!!! Done!

What a view
Belayed three people on a route where I was pretty much hanging over the precipice secured by a sling. Such a relaxed way to belay as you don't need to move around and have a secure footing all the time.

Went to the beach afterwards. I laid out my towel but didn't really use it in the end. Went to the cafe for a cappuccino first and then along the rocky coast for a bit although it was quite ouch going barefoot, but I didn't want to go back to get my shoes.

After all a very lovely day. Enjoying a beer now on the porch looking forward to the canyon tour tomorrow even though I know it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.