Wednesday 15 October 2014

Abseiling Like A Pro

We did the canyon tour today that I did last year and despite knowing it already I was very much looking forward to it. For the first time since I arrived the sun was out from early morning on a blue sky as we walked the dried river bed West towards Cala Fuili.

The feeling of being right in the Jurassic age crept over me and the cry of some bird could've been some Pterosaur easily, haha.

But was I was really looking forward to was the abseiling. I had done it the first time ever last year at this spot and never again afterwards and it was such great fun! When we arrived at the first spot I was so eager to do it, that I was the first one down two short and easy rock faces. I was still confident in how to do it and now even more eager to do the longer ones down into the narrow places. Yeah!

Walked a bit ahead of the group to enjoy the silence and unique atmosphere. Then we did the second and third abseils which were just amazing. Down into something like an open cave. Brilliant! I really have to research some nice cave adventure with abseiling and exploring near Bristol. Had my GoPro running and the video is not too bad. Will put some nice music on it and publish it soon.
Abseiling from up there



Went all the way to the beach of Cala Fuili reaching it just after noon where we relaxed for quite some time before the others went climbing nearby. I just stayed, slept, read a bit, slept again. Ahhh. So relaxing. Lately I was just too tired to read at all so I was happy to start one of the many book that I have flying around.
Looking back down to Cala Fuili
Went back to our apartment after a fantastic day. All pictures have been taken with my GoPro. I have my "proper" camera with me, but even though the GoPro doesn't have a display I'm happy to take pictures with it. It's a bit of a surprise what I get but that wide angle lens really does a good job most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.