Sunday 19 October 2014

Ciao Sardinia

Over is my week-long climbing trip. Way too soon although my fingers are rather happy to have a day off today, haha.

Went to Cala Fuili again since the blue sky in the morning promised another hot and sunny day and so it came to be. Still we spent most of time before noon belaying in the shade of some trees while the ones who climbed the hot rock were boiling in the sun, haha.
I felt really tired in my fingers, arms and legs and just wasn't fresh enough to enjoy the routes as much as I usually do. The more difficult climbs at Buchi Arta and the 6a at Budinetto took their toll. Still I tried to do as much as I could on my last day and still had some good fun.
Cala Fuili in the morning




Had a break lazing about on the beach in the sun with some lunch and a fresh coffee before we hit the second wall and did some more routes. It was 6pm before we knew it and I enjoyed the solitude with all the people gone watching as the waves came rolling in in the evening sun before we carried our gear up to the car.

Had some last-night-cocktails outside near the beach at a surprisingly good restaurant before we headed back to the apartment for supper. Worthy ending of a fantastic week with great people and lots of fun.

Sad thing is, other than last year I cannot say if I'm back next year. It is quite unlikely even, so I'm almost leaving with a heavy heart. I do love the gem that Sardinia is, I love the deep blue sea, the rough rock, the climbing, the organizer and guides, the relaxed atmosphere and the sun.
I may be back some day with a different idea though. Swapping climbing for cycling or more serious canyoning which I find very thrilling.

But for now I'm only saying

Ciao Sardegna!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.