Friday 17 October 2014

Climbing in the Sun

After my lazy day I finally had enough energy to let two days of climbing follow. It was still hot but instead of pressing humidity the sun came out and I enjoyed scaling the hot rock at Buchi Arta yesterday with enough trees around to lay in the shadow between climbs. The routes are a bit more difficult there and I did a few of the easier ones which all ranged in the 5c area.
Two of them were downgraded from 6a, I still found them really really difficult for me, but managed to get to the top, yeah! Good feeling climbing outside my own comfort zone and still finishing the route after some good fighting.
5c/6a done!

View from the top of a route at Buchi Arta

Went to Budinetto today since the small climbing area at Cala Cortoe was inhabited by some Fanco Swiss people who we had met before and who stayed in our memory as the guys who had to burp all the time. We didn't want to share the rock with them again and there wasn't enough space for too many people anyway.
Drove back to Budinetto which lies just above Cala Gonone where we have our apartment. We were almost alone up there scaling several 5cs and trying a 6a without success. Great fun anyway and boiling hot with the sun shining relentlessly from a blue sky almost all day. I loved it! Much better than the overcast heat earlier this week.
Looking back to Cala Gonone



Climbed until we were too exhausted to do more. Had some ice cream and a pint or two and I collected some more midges bites just from sitting outside the ice cafe. Yesterday I got 15 in as many minutes! Arg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.