Wednesday 20 May 2015

Back in Glen Coe

Still no suitable weather for a group on a mountain plus the guide wanted to have a look at the snow situation on the hill tops himself (instead of trusting any weather forecast), so we did a lovely walk around Buchaille Etive Beag at the Eastern end of Glen Coe.
Drove through Glen Orchy on our way there, which is really very beautiful and which I hadn't seen before. The drive over Rannoch Moor is always stunning and I just cannot get enough of it, haha. We started our walk heading into a valley with the hills towering left and right with some sun and clouds, but soon the first shower washed over us.


Looking into Glen Coe with Aonach Eagach on the right

The valley ahead
The walk was just really nice and we weren't bothered much with the rain. Passed a bealach and headed down East into another valley with great views towards Loch Etive at it's bottom. Here we turned left again to get back to the bus. I walked ahead with one of the other guys at our own pace which was a nice change after the slower shuffling along with the group.

Looking towards Loch Etive

Looking back
Had a short stop at The Kings House, another very popular and busy pub and B&B along the West Highland Way. I was rejoicing when I saw they had Thatchers Gold on tap! Whoohoo. Helped myself to two pints before we drove back to the house. 



Really love Glen Coe and I'm always happy to go back there. It's just so impressive and beautiful. Some day I have to come here to finally bag some of those fine munros. But so far the weather was not my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.