Friday 8 July 2016

Let's Go to Scotland!!!!... NOT

It's been a while since I've written something here. Well, if you call a month and a half "a while". To me it feels like it's been ages.

You might have guessed it by now... I'm off to somewhere soon and just let you know, because I am sooooo excited. I've got two weeks coming up from tomorrow on, just me, my car and my tent, collecting more munro tops in Scotland. Wait.... that was the ORIGINAL plan. I decided to take part in the IT maintenance works tomorrow. Some extra cash and stuff needs to be done, yeah, but I'd rather be on my way up North! Well... go Sat after work then? Nah, I'm in the middle of writing two applications for promotions at work, so can't really go without finishing them... or without knowing I definitely get Wi-Fi somewhere. ARG. Plus, I had to cut my holidays short by three days at the end to be able to make it to a video shoot.
So in order to save time (about three hours each way) and get the flexibility to just go into a cafe with Wi-Fi, I am now going back to the Lakes!!! Whooop, whooop! Just me, my car and my tent. This way I make the best out of the time I have, I am still flexible and there are 191 Wainwrights to tick off.
My Wainwright map. Blue ones done, red ones not.
So what is the plan? Well, there is none really. Leave early Sunday morning for Keswick, do half a day's walk nearby, then pitch at the campsite and enter a pub. Ha! For the following 10 days it's going to be a mix of day walks from the campsite, relocating somewhere else and multi-day walks connecting clusters of Wainwrights. I'll stay in area around Keswick and just decide what to do depending on weather and mood.

Better start packing now I guess. And then back to my applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.