Saturday 12 October 2013

First Time!!!

Another day full of climbing. Walked to the waterfront at 6am to watch the sunset. I love being up that early and just enjoy the solitude of empty streets. Had some clouds over the water to the sunset was far from spectacular, but I took some nice shots.

Went to section La Poltrona with a lot of 5a-c routes. Climbed a 5a top rope and then another one before I went back to the first one to do my very first lead climbing. Yeah, felt confident enough and mastered this one. First with quickdraws still assembled and the second time I put them in. Cool. I can now call myself  proper climber!
Led another one and did a few very cool and long top rope routes feeling very confident and now being able to read the rock and know were I could just put my foot without any obvious hold just because of the grip and were not.
With my improved footwork mostly 90% of my body weight rests on my feet and I just need very little holds for my fingers to do the next move. Shifting weight from one foot to another works quite well, too.
Really happy and satisfied today. Only something in my left foot hurts quite bad. Had problems from the second day on with a feeling of something being out of place. It's not really getting better but today I climbed easily twice as many routes as usual so it got rather bad.
Well, two more days of climbing and one day with a nice hike. I'll just pull through and then let my feet rest, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.