Friday 20 June 2014

A Coastal Walk

Had a good night's sleep and got up at 8 with the sun shining from a bright blue sky again. My sunburn got a lot better over night, I guess it's the tank top again tomorrow,  yeah.
Had a lovely chat with my hostess before breakfast chatting about Berlin. Can only highly recommend Tryfyn B&B! Again just being spontaneous, asking around had the best possible outcome.
Enjoyed my breakfast and had a lot of tea while I sat at a big window. The sun was shining from a bright blue sky again. Left as late as 10am and first stopped at the local petrol station/convenience store to get some food. Asked if I wanted a bag I turned around and showed the guy behind the counter my backpack.  He laughed and wished me a good day, hehe.
Back on the trail I soon got to a golf course. Hm. I had found a golf ball in the nature reserve the day before, I fished it out of one of my side pockets and placed it just on a stone at the entrance, hoping for him to find a new owner soon.

Walked all day along the coast with perfect weather and great views. The going was mostly easy but for one stretch with knee high grass and an abundance of thistle and nettle... arg. Me walking in shorts, remember?
Decided not to go to the campsite I had on my plan but to go a bit further instead hoping that the campsite on my map was really there. This would also shorten tomorrow's stage by a good bit which would be quite hard otherwise.
After a nice walk on the beach I left the trail and turned onto a tarmac road. Asked a nice lady if there really was a campsite. And yes there was. Not as good as the last one, but I had the necessary shower and one can of beef broth plus some sardines in Teriyaki sauce. Could've eaten twice as much but there won't be a shop or pub tomorrow night and I need to save the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.