Friday 20 June 2014

Pulling through

The relentless sun pushed me out of my tent around 8 when it was just too hot in there to doze. Some gusts of wind had woken me up time and again. This campsite was not the best I've ever seen but it had one very uncommon thing at the shower facilities. An electric hookup! Charged my phone for a bit while taking my time to brush my teeth and charged my camera while packing my tent.
The plan to have breakfast in town failed as nothing was open. Boo. 99% of the numerous tourists here were 60+ and they all stayed in the hotel or a B&B so no need to eat out in the morning.  So it was the Spar and an apple and Snickers double for lack of choice.
I was still way ahead of my schedule. Ideal would've been to get as far as Abersoch. Perfect would've been Llanbedrog because that would've put me exactly one day ahead. Well, I accomplished the later one! The walk was pretty nice again but unfortunately the path didn't lead all along the beach called Hell's Mouth and instead zigzaged over farmland nearby. Arg. Finding the next stile on a field that stretches over half a mile is time consuming.
I decided to cut this a bit short and walk some road instead. Just when I was climbing the last stile I met a guy who said he was working on the Coastal Path and how I found it. Told him I was a bit grumpy for all that zigzagging and he said by the end of the year the path would lead all along the beach. Hmpf. Too late.
Allthough I was now an hour behind I walked all the way to Llanbedrog. Found a way to carry on even if your feet hurt and you jus don't want to walk anymore: Counting steps. Keeps your mind from complaining and telling you to stop and before you know it you've walked 1000 steps.
Reached Llanbedrog shortly before 6. Wow. Quite unexpected. Thought I wouldn't make it before 7. Went for the B&B that was signposted but another mile out of town. Litarally dragged me there cursing that this was the longest mile I ever walked.
The Wern Fawr Manor Farm B&B was in a huge house and luckily there was a free room for tonight. The landlady gave me a very warm welcome and even reduced the rate a bit since it's a double room.
She gave me a lift up to the road again to the pub so I only had to walk down again. Just lay on the bed after, too lazy and tired to move a muscle just watching some world cup on tv.
Don't really know what I want to do today. Walk the 2 hrs to Pwhelli and have a look. If I like the place I call it a day there and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.