Friday 20 June 2014

Snowdonia on the Horizon

What a day!!! Blue sky and sun from the start to the end. More than worthy for the second longest day of the year. There's not many places in the world I'd rather be now.
Left that very lovely a B&B again at 10am (Seems to be my standard time of departure this time.) and just walked a very lovely public footpath down to the beach. Had my first glimpse at Snowdonia's peaks straight from the start and throughout most of the day. Walked along two very lonely and very nice beaches, hills ahead, blue sparkling sea to the right and the bright sun shining from a clear sky above. It just couldn't get any better than this!!! And this is Britain. Seemed like all my countless holidays with rain and mud were finally rewarded with a week of perfect weather. This was absolutely worth it. I'd go through all of it again just for another day like this.
Arrived at midday in Pwllheli with the option of staying here and just relaxing but a fine day like this cannot be spent wandering around a town so I kept on going.
The was a quite undulating stretch of walking along the A497 at the end which couldn't spoil my mood the least bit. Wanted to just have a quick look around Criccieth hoping to find a B&B but didn't want to walk around endlessly and instead push for Black Rock Sands Camping two miles out if I couldn't find one.
There wasmone just when I entered town but they were full, but the owner was very nice and advised to walk along the beach as there are numerous B&Bs just lined up there. The first one had a free room for me and what a room that was! Huge with a double and a single bed, a couch and tv and seaview! For unbelievable £40!
I only realized how lucky I'd been again, when I walked further along the beach to head for a pub and saw in all the other B&B windows a sign saying "no vacancies". Ha!!!
Steak and one of my favourite ciders "Somersby" at the pub,  now heading back watching some world cup by the window waiting for sunset to end a perfect day and thus part 1 of my journey.
Tomorrow will be a transition stage as I leave the peninsula and head into the hills of Snowdonia. Not much climbing yet as I stay in the valley and intend to get as far as Maentwrog campsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.