Monday 16 June 2014

Sun and Tarmac

Had my breakfast at the Black Boy Inn as planned and it was okay but by no means outstanding. A bit disappointed. Heaved my backup onto my back and started walking south along the coast on a minor road. The was a family cycle event so lots of cyclists of all ages raced past me and despite proper bike clothing and fancy road bikes at least 50% had their saddle too low. Strange.
The day started with a grey sky but the further I went the more the sun pierced through those clouds until I was walking under a blue sky again. Yeah. Tanktop and shorts again. I was already showing a nice tan.
The walk was nice but apart from one short stretch through a small wood completely on tarmac. Arg. Not very spectacular as well so I was glad that I had taken the bus yesterday and not walked the path from Conwy.
I made 25km in 5 hours excluding a nice break at the beach devouring some icecream and a handfull of other short breaks. Arrived at Aberafon campsite around 4pm, pitched, had a shower and since it's right at the water I'll take a walk in a bit and maybe catch the sunset if I can stay awake long enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.